The Portsmouth award scheme is designed measure progression indoors.
After 6 sighters, you shoot 5 dozen arrows on a 60cm face at 20 yards. The Portsmouth badges range from 300 to 600. The badge numbers are 300, 325, 350, 375, 400, 425, 450, 475, 500, 525, 550, 575, 580, 585, 590, 595, 600. If you achieve the score twice you can claim a badge.
It is an award scheme in use at many archery clubs in the UK and applies to all archers, irrespective of age, ability or bow type.
- Imperial, ten zone scoring on a 60cm target face.
- Six sighters to be followed immediately by five dozen scored arrows.
- You can claim multiple badges for one round
- Scores need to be achieved once to qualify for the award.
- Claims can be made digitally to email@example.com. you need to include a picture of your scoresheet (screenshot of your scoring app will do), and the name of the witness to your claim.
- Badges cost £2 per badge – paid for in person or via paypal